You’re looking for ways to spruce up your new patio, so you search “patio furniture Houston” to get some ideas. However, the results are overwhelming!
Looking to narrow it down and find some more specific ways to turn your patio into an oasis? Read on.
5 Ways to Turn Your Patio into an Oasis
Take your patio from drab to fab with these 5 great tips.
1 – Update Your Patio Furniture
The first and easiest way to turn your patio into an oasis is updating your furniture. Still using old plastic chairs you picked up decades ago? Throw them out and replace them with gorgeous “patio furniture Houston” that complements your style.
Depending on how much maintenance you want to do and the look you’re going for, research your options. Choose from furniture materials such as:
- Aluminum, Steel, or Wrought Iron
“Polymer patio furniture is the easiest type to clean.”
2 – Add Some Pops of Color
When choosing patio furniture in Houston, don’t go too bland. Sure, you want your furniture to match and look great, but you also don’t want it to be boring.
Add some pops of color into your patio by choosing the right patio furniture. A touch of red here, a splash of yellow there – add some life into your patio with the right pieces for a beautiful look that makes you feel great.
“Check out our LaneVenture South Hampton collection, shown in the photo to the right.”
Plus, with summer approaching, a bit of color is exactly what your patio furniture needs to take it up a notch.
If you’ve already got your ideal “patio furniture Housto ,” buy a few throw pillows or accent decor pieces to add in some color.
3 – Add Mood Lighting
The right lighting can make or break your outdoor patio space.
Add some hanging lights to your patio. They’re affordable, come in a ton of styles and colors, and make any patio look amazing.
Whether you’re going for beach paradise, zen, shabby chic, or something else, the right lights can bring it all together.
“Houston Home and Patio are the patio furniture Houston experts.”
4 – Keep Bugs at Bay
You can’t enjoy your patio when mosquitoes keep biting you!
These pesky insects do more than just cause itchy bites; they can also carry dangerous diseases like West Nile Virus. According to the American Mosquito Control Association, mosquitoes are most active between dawn to dusk. However, you want to enjoy your patio anytime. You shouldn’t have to schedule spending time on your patio to avoid mosquitoes. Keep your patio mosquito-free with these tips.
- Make sure there’s no standing water. Drain any water from inflatable pools, bird baths, or other items.
- Add natural repellents. Add some natural repellents to your garden like marigolds, red cedar mulch, mint, garlic, and/or rosemary.
- Use coffee grounds. Place them in an open container outside for 1 month. When you find standing water, sprinkle the grounds on it. This kills mosquito larvae; the eggs float to the surface of the water and are deprived of oxygen.
- Make lavender ribbons. Mosquitoes hate the smell of lavender. Simply add a drop of it to some ribbons and hang them around your windows and beneath tables and chairs to keep them away.
- Light citronella candles. This is a popular way to ward off mosquitoes and it’s a common ingredient in many insect repellents. It’s strong citrus-y scent prevents mosquitoes from bothering your patio.
- Barbecue rosemary. It may sound strange, but it’s true. Throw rosemary on the grill and they will work to keep mosquitoes at bay.
- Install a tent or mosquito net. Protect yourself from pests with an easy-to-install mosquito net or tent around your patio.
- Hang birdhouses. Birds eat mosquitoes, so encourage them to hang out around your patio by installing bird houses.
4 – Plant a Garden
Adding a garden or a few plants to your patio is a great way to spruce it up.
If you don’t exactly have a green thumb, choose some fake plants or simply pick up some “beginner” plants, such as sunflowers, zinnia, marigolds, or pansies.
Note that some plants are meant to stay indoors, while others are best cared for outside. Here are some of the best patio plants:
- Skimmia Rubella
- Angel’s Trumpet
- Banana Plant
Gardening also has many health benefits. According to AARP, working in a garden boosts mood and lowers risk of dementia. Plus, it’s a great form of aerobic exercise.
5 – Add Some Decor
When working on transforming your patio, don’t forget the finishing touches: decor!
To really bring your patio space together, you’ll want to add some accent pieces, such as:
- Other Decor
“Don’t forget furniture covers!”
Get the Best in Patio Furniture – Houston at Houston Home and Patio
If you’re searching for “patio furniture Houston,” you’ve come to the right place. Houston Home and Patio is Houston’s finest outdoor furniture store. Family-owned and operated, Houston Home and Patio has been offering Houston the absolute highest quality and best service for over 40 years.
Ready to get new patio furniture? Visit us at 2525 Cypress Creek Parkway in Houston. Any questions? Simply call us at 281-440-7667 or email us at email@example.com.
5 Ways to Transform Your Patio into an Oasis | Houston Home & Patio – Houston, TX