If you’ve got patio furniture in Houston, you may be wondering how to take care of it properly.
Well, there’s certainly a right way and a wrong way to care for and maintain your outdoor furniture in Houston.
Read on to learn how to take care of your patio furniture the right way.
Maintaining Patio Furniture in Houston
Houston, Texas is a bright, vibrant city with tons to offer, and is home to a diverse population. Love it or hate it, in Houston, we’ve got some intense temperatures, especially during the summertime. It can often rise up into the 90s or even 100s!
Since we typically aren’t dealing with cold weather, homeowners don’t generally have to do a lot with patio furniture in Houston during the wintertime. However, spring and summertime are a different story.
And as every Houstonian knows, when spring comes around, the most dreaded outdoor substance returns – pollen.
Below, check out how to care for your patio furniture, depending on what it’s made out of!
Wicker Outdoor Furniture
You can use a garden hose to clean your wicker outdoor furniture. Here’s how:
- Remove the cushions.
- Spray off any dirt and spills.
- If it’s really dirty with tough stains, grab a sponge. Use cold water and mild soap to scrub the stains.
- Allow the furniture to dry completely.
You can use a garden hose to clean your wicker furniture.
Wooden Outdoor Furniture
It’s pretty easy to clean wooden patio furniture. Simply do the following:
- Wet a rag or washcloth in soapy water.
- Clean with soapy water.
- Then rinse with clean water.
And that’s it! Clean wooden outdoor furniture is a breeze.
Metal Framed Outdoor Furniture
Metal-framed outdoor furniture looks beautiful and elegant in any setting. Whether you’ve got aluminum, steel, or wrought iron patio furniture, here’s how to clean them:
- Mix water with mild soap and wash.
- Then allow it to dry.
If your metal furniture isn’t rust-free or rust-resistant (most are), simply use paste wax or WD-40 to protect them.
Polymer Outdoor Furniture
Polymer patio furniture is extremely popular due to the fact that it’s so low-maintenance. All you have to do is spray clean water on it and allow it to air dry. Voila! Bright, clean furniture.
If you’re noticing scuff marks, remove with gentle abrasive.
See any mildew? Remove it with a homemade mixture of 1 cup of bleach, 2 cups of dish soap, and 1 gallon of water.
Resin outdoor furniture is the easiest to clean.
Fabric Outdoor Furniture
- Remove furniture covers if possible and shake them to remove any loose dirt.
- Check the label. If it says it can be machine washed, go ahead and use some mild detergent to wash the covers, then hang them to dry.
If you can’t remove your canvas covers, do this instead:
- Clean your furniture outside on a clear day with no extreme temperatures.
- Keep it on a solid surface for cleaning, like a driveway or your patio, as cleaning on grass or dirt could cause muddy puddles to appear.
- Prepare your cleaning solution by mixing 2 gallons of warm water with 1/2 capful of mild liquid laundry detergent in a bucket. If it is Sunbrella, you can use bleach.
- Then, wet a sponge in the bucket and wipe it over the fabric, ensuring you follow up with a scrub brush. Scrub the dirtiest areas first, as well as along the seams.
- Allow it to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse your furniture with a garden hose and allow it to air dry. Feel free to place your patio furniture in the sun to speed up dry time.
- If your covers are removable, spray them with fabric protector while they’re still hanging to help repel stains and water. Step about 2-3 feet away before spraying and use a sweeping motion.
- Once dried, place the covers back on your patio furniture.
Get the Best High-Quality Patio Furniture in Houston at Houston Home and Patio
If you’re looking for beautiful, high-quality patio furniture that you can afford, come visit Houston Home and Patio. We have a large selection of patio furniture and outdoor furniture in Houston that you’ll fall in love with. Plus, our pricing is designed so your purchase won’t break your budget. For more information, click the button below or call us at 281-440-7667.
How to Care for Patio Furniture in Houston | Houston Home & Patio – Houston, TX